Subscribe to One In Jesus
Table of Contents
- BG on Financial Sin in the Churches of Christ
- Grace on A Framework for Discussing Baptism
- Grizz on A Framework for Discussing Baptism
- mark on Sara Barton: On Bibliolatry
- Glenn on Buried Talents
- Skip on Paul and the Faithfulness of God: Baptism and the Eucharist
- John on A Framework for Discussing Baptism
- Faye @ Beauty Against the Beast on The Story: Ruth the Moabite, Part 3 (The Genealogy and Conclusions)
- A Framework for Discussing Baptism | One In Jesus on Paul and the Faithfulness of God: Baptism and the Eucharist
- Price on Paul and the Faithfulness of God: Baptism and the Eucharist
- rich on CENI: Is CENI a Hermeneutic?
- Charles Mclean on CENI: Is CENI a Hermeneutic?
- Jay Guin on Paul and the Faithfulness of God: Baptism and the Eucharist
- Jay Guin on CENI: Is CENI a Hermeneutic?
- R.J. on CENI: Is CENI a Hermeneutic?
Category Archives: Renewing Our Worship
I get emails – Brother Guin, I have been researching the subject of the Love Feast of Jude, mentioned by Peter and corrected by Paul. I see in the scriptures what you discuss in your article. I have concluded long … Continue reading
I received this question from a reader – Hi Jay First, I want to say how much I appreciate your blog. It is a great source of learning and encouragement for me. I left a legalistic church several years ago … Continue reading
In a few of the earlier posts in this series, I mentioned the 30-hour fast our teens had undertaken to help children dying from starvation. They made streamers of 26,000 paperchains — the number of children dying each day from … Continue reading
Another announcement with a story – We are going to have another workday at Karen’s house next Saturday, march 7, starting at 7am. After additional examination of the brick wall in her living room, we have decided to try and … Continue reading
Another short one: The Open House Party for Paul Smith is from 2:00 to 5:00 this Sunday, February 1. We will shower him with gift cards so he can purchase what he needs for his new home. Everyone is welcome … Continue reading
These next two are short announcements, but they have great stories behind them – Relief Team Coming Through: A team on their way to work in Mississippi will spend the night in our building this Saturday. If you will assist … Continue reading
In an earlier post, I mentioned how important announcements are to our worship: they fulfill the injunction of Heb 10:24-25 to spur one another on to love and good works. And lately I’ve received some very encouraging announcements from my … Continue reading
Just like in church, we need to start with a song –
If you read the literature on reaching Postmodern people and young people, you’ll find a huge emphasis on “authenticity” in our worship. If you read older material on worship, you’ll find that “authenticity” is not a new concept. It’s just … Continue reading