Subscribe to One In Jesus
Table of Contents
- mark on Sara Barton: On Bibliolatry
- Glenn on Buried Talents
- Skip on Paul and the Faithfulness of God: Baptism and the Eucharist
- John on A Framework for Discussing Baptism
- Faye @ Beauty Against the Beast on The Story: Ruth the Moabite, Part 3 (The Genealogy and Conclusions)
- A Framework for Discussing Baptism | One In Jesus on Paul and the Faithfulness of God: Baptism and the Eucharist
- Price on Paul and the Faithfulness of God: Baptism and the Eucharist
- rich on CENI: Is CENI a Hermeneutic?
- Charles Mclean on CENI: Is CENI a Hermeneutic?
- Jay Guin on Paul and the Faithfulness of God: Baptism and the Eucharist
- Jay Guin on CENI: Is CENI a Hermeneutic?
- R.J. on CENI: Is CENI a Hermeneutic?
- Grace on Paul and the Faithfulness of God: Baptism and the Eucharist
- Grizz on Sean Palmer: It’s You, Not Me: Why More & More Ministers Are Leaving Churches of Christ
- Monty on Paul and the Faithfulness of God: Baptism and the Eucharist
Category Archives: Quail Springs Church of Christ
While wandering the labyrinthine staircases of the Pepperdine mountainside, I ran into an elder of the Quail Springs Church of Christ. We had an encouraging chat about the Quail Springs congregation. He’s a good man. Those who speak so harshly … Continue reading
Well, I thought it was finally time to change the subject and talk about something other than instrumental music. But as soon as got back from vacation, there in my Inbox was an email from Al Maxey advising that another … Continue reading
I just received this comment – It’s nice to read some supportive words. We’ve taken the no response route as you have suggested here. On Thursday, May 1, the National Day of Prayer, we are hosting a joint worship service … Continue reading
Today is one of those nasty, winter days when it’s not cold enough to snow, not warm enough to be outside, too wet to want to get out of your car, and too windy to keep your umbrella over your … Continue reading
Is anyone aware of a Church of Christ minister or author who considers instrumental music a sin who has publicly condemned the ad published in the Oklahoman declaring the minister at Quail Springs disfellowshipped because his congregation added an instrumental … Continue reading
I’ve been reading a lot of literature from the right wing of the Churches of Christ lately — just wondering where they are in their thinking nowadays. The notorious ad in the Oklahoman is, of course, one example of right-wing … Continue reading
David Guin commented, But I think [the churches] do need to consider how to clarify that the ad-buyers spoke falsely when claiming to speak for them. Perhaps a joint service with Quail Springs as a demonstration of shared love for … Continue reading
Many of us have been distressed by the ad placed by three ministers “disfellowshipping” the Quail Springs minister for being the preacher of a congregation that’s added an instrumental service. Some have suggested that the right-thinking Churches of Christ should … Continue reading
The main post is up now. I’ve left this one on the site to make the comments available.
I’ve previously mentioned that Quail Springs Church of Christ, in the Oklahoma City area, recently added a second Sunday morning service that includes instrumental music. Of their 900 members, some 300 members left.On Feb. 6, 2008, some of the congregations … Continue reading