Photo from The Sacred Sandwich. It’s not really a Calvinist joke. It’s a church joke — if you can think up a good caption.
Here’re some possibilities —
1. Bob and Harry discovered that even after they’d built a $5,000,000 auditorium, they still couldn’t get far enough away from each other.
2. But the preacher said we’d grow if we’d just build a big-enough auditorium!
3. The preacher decided that maybe that 5 a.m. service wasn’t such a good idea.
4. So …. preaching on baptism every single Sunday doesn’t draw them in like they said it would in preacher school?
5. Well, we couldn’t sing four-part harmony with just two voices, so we thought we’d try some instruments.
6. So maybe we should have talked to more than two members before introducing the instruments?